Osteoarthritis of the knee 2nd degree - common diagnosis among middle aged and elderly. The natural deterioration of bone tissue, lack of vitamins, fats, carbohydrates in the body trigger destructive mechanisms in the first place is staggering, structural elements of the musculoskeletal system.
The basic concept
A General definition of the whole group of articular pathologies with similar clinical presentation, but different reasons for development. Inherent in the disease is chronic, with gradual defeat of all anatomical structures of the joint - cartilage, bone, connective tissue and surrounding muscles. As a rule, develops at an elderly age from 65 years and older.
But lately, arthritis is rapidly getting younger. More than 30% of diagnostic cases - people from 35 to 45 years. This is due to the modern way of life and, paradoxically, technological progress. Advanced technologies that allow work sitting in the office or at home, do a disservice to all the bones of the skeletal system, especially of the knee joint. Static, sedentary life creates favorable conditions for the development of negative processes in the bone tissue. As a result, any physical activity, beyond the usual, can trigger destructive mechanisms.
Stages of osteoarthritis knee
Depending on the degree of destruction of joint and connective tissue, arthrosis deformans in the medical terminology has three stages of development:
- Stage I is characterized by weak symptoms - the pain not often sick and blamed them on the manifestation of fatigue. But in the synovial fluid and the joint shell are observed pathological processes. It is important not to miss the initial signs during this stage, the arthritis responds well to treatment.
- Stage II - begins the destruction of the joint and the formation of osteophytes, the pain becomes constant and pronounced.
- Stage III - severe, irreversible degree of pathology. The joint is completely destroyed and replaced with inferior fabric that is completely devoid of mobility. In this case, the only possible surgical treatment.
The main reasons
The main cause of knee arthritis is a metabolic disorder. The accumulation of toxins in the cartilage tissue, the displacement of their vitamins and nutrients, oxygen starvation, which occurs due to decay products that cause mutation of cells of the synovial membrane. As a result of hyaline cartilage loses elasticity, softens and breaks down into fibers.
There are many factors for which there is a failure in intra-articular system of metabolic processes.
Conditionally they can be divided into several groups:
- Genetic causes. Disorders of collagen type II, mutations in the cells of the joint, congenital dysplasia, even in the first generation.
- Biological components. Concomitant diseases and their complications. This group includes all autoimmune diseases (rheumatoid arthritis), specific diseases (syphilis, gonorrhea, staph infections, encephalitis), blood disorders, including hemophilia.
- Mechanical damages. Injuries, sprains or fractures, even outdated, can provoke progression of the disease. Cartilage tissue has already been broken, so any adverse conditions give impetus to the further development of destructive processes.
External factors and living conditions:
- accommodation in places with unfavorable environmental conditions;
- working with chemicals and hazardous substances;
- injury, accompanied by microcracks;
- regular infections - influenza, SARS, acute respiratory infections;
- surgery on the joints or surrounding tissues;
- natural aging;
- disorders of the endocrine system;
- concomitant diseases of the joints;
- a deficiency, Allergy;
- abnormal metabolic processes.
Treatment of osteoarthritis of the knee 2nd degree
Drug treatment is a priority, which is of great importance for the forecast. Properly drafted, the scheme provides a 50% positive result. All prescribed individual drugs mutually Supplement and enhance each other's action, without exerting severe side effects on the body as a whole.
For the treatment of osteoarthritis of the knee 2 extent used medicines the following groups:
- Painkillers. It is not always necessary to take the anesthetic. Only in cases when the pain is excruciating. A short course of treatment with simple drugs relieves the primary symptoms and helps to lead a normal lifestyle.
- NSAIDs. The drugs act in two ways - pain relief and prevention of (elimination) of the inflammatory process.
- Corticosteroids. Hormonal treatment is assigned at the II and III stages of knee OA and, most often, is carried out by injection. So the medicine goes directly into the affected joint and its effect is magnified.
- Drugs for the joints. Drugs put into the body all the components necessary for cartilage regeneration. A long process, but has a cumulative effect. This means that a stable result is achieved.
- The vitamin complex. Ancillary drugs is required for enrichment of nutritional value and restoration of normal metabolic processes. Vitamins necessarily taken during the treatment of osteoarthritis of the knee joint of 2 degrees and a period of rehabilitation. They are able to protect recovered tissue overload and microtrauma.
Physical therapy along with conservative treatment. It complements medical treatment and quickly relieves the main symptoms of osteoarthritis. The main objectives of physiotherapy following:
- The restoration of blood circulation in the small blood vessels of the bones;
- elimination of swelling and inflammation;
- quick and painless delivery of medicines into the affected joint;
- restoration of mobility of the bone joints;
- the removal of pain.
For these purposes, used as traditional physiotherapy and new technical developments:
- Magnetic resonance therapy is an innovative method promotes regeneration of cartilage tissue, removes inflammation and pain;
- electrophoresis with painkillers (novocaine, lidocaine);
- magnetic therapy operates on the walls of blood vessels, increasing their permeability. In result, restores the metabolic processes and nutritional balance;
- ultraviolet - quality sessions consist of warm-up of appearance of the lesion, using an ultraviolet lamp;
- ultra high frequency therapy - the affected joints are treated by electric current of different frequencies;
- laser effect on nerve endings in the joint, which promotes both pain relief and regeneration of periarticular tissues.
Folk medicine in the treatment of osteoarthritis
Recipes home remedies treatment of osteoarthritis of the knee joint 2 degrees different diverse components and ways of cooking. This ointments and tinctures, which must be rubbed into sore knee. With sufficient perseverance and patience to achieve good results. At least the pain and swelling will be much less.
The most popular recipe is the application based on gelatin. Available throughout the protein collagen is diluted with warm water to a thick consistency. A thick layer is applied on the sore knee, the top is closed with plastic and wrapped with a warm scarf. I leave for the night. The course of treatment has no limits - to achieve a positive result.
Another effective remedy on the basis of iodine and aspirin. Alcohol diluted with water in proportion 1 to 2 (250 ml), add 5% iodine (10 ml), camphor alcohol (10 ml) and 10 tablets analgin, pre-powdered. To insist in a dark place for 20-25 days. To RUB a sore knee as needed.
Oil celandine is good for cartilage, promotes elasticity. Fresh or dried celandine pour vegetable oil, mainly olive, cover with a lid and give it brew for 10-14 days. The knee joint lubricate every night before bed, dispensing with gentle massaging movements.
Prevention of osteoarthritis of the knee 2 much boils down to the basic rule - move. Normal physical activity will protect the complex structure of the knee from the stagnant processes, ensure proper blood circulation and oxygen enrichment. This does not mean that it is necessary to take up the grueling sport or run a marathon distance. Enough to organize your daily routine include walking or swimming.
In order to prevent the development of osteoarthritis of the knee 2nd degree should adhere to the following guidelines:
- To engage in the corresponding activities. Slow running, swimming, Hiking 30-40 minutes a day is the best prevention of degenerative processes.
- To perform the exercise. Complex of simple exercises for the knees improves circulation and joint mobility.
- Maintaining a healthy diet. Fresh fruit, vegetables, herbs, sea fish, lean meat, dairy products contain all the elements necessary for joint tissue.
- To take vitamins. In the autumn-winter period or in the period of recovery after illness vitamin complex prevents the abnormal activity of the immune system.